Friday, August 24, 2012

The Wilderness


Into the forest I walk,
Time nearly standing still.
I remember the battles
That were fought
In my woods,
So long ago.

My meadow was a means 
To an end,
As I see it all played out,
When men in Grey and Blue
Collide,
In a battle fought years ago.

I see this all so clearly,
As it happened before my eyes,
I see the blow that fate
Has given me,
A time to make a retreat
As fires came and swallowed up
Everything but me.

So, I tell my tale of the vision
I saw,
Of an epic battle still fought,
When deep inside I can still
Hear his voice tell me to
"Go and tell the world".

As I daydream in my meadow,
With a book clasp to my breast,
I realize that the love I have is still there.
And, as I bury that book,
That I wrote 40 years ago,
I realize that its my time to go..
Into peace forevermore.

-Jessica A (Clements) Navarro (8/22/12)

No comments:

Post a Comment